The Kolstrand Building is an adaptive reuse of a 1910 marine supply building in the industrial neighborhood of Ballard. The upgraded building stretches the urban core south with a mix of new services: offices, retail and restaurant space. (1 retail/cafe, 3 restaurants, 4 commercial offices, and 1 wine storage) The goal of adaptive reuse of the historically significant building is to preserve a vernacular that is quickly disappearing in Ballard.
The Kolstrand Building designed by Graham Baba Architects received a 2010 AIA Seattle Design Award for Washington Architecture – Commendation. Follow the break for drawings and photographs of this mixed use building.